Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Cougar Tales

Hi, I'm Isabella,

It seems that my friends are determined to make me share the experiences I've had with the younger men in my life.  I was blissfully ignorant of my rising stature in the world of cougars.  The word used to bother me as I felt it had the connotation of being predatory, but I've since come to terms with it.  It is what it is, a name and let's face it, it's an attractive animal so why fight it.  My 28 year old companion informs me that he is a cub so I'll take his word for it.  And yes, before you start, he is a little younger than I am going to recommend.  But there are exceptions for every rule and he is an exception. 

It is not that I came to be this icon of cougarism, it all happened very innocently and without forethought.  Women in my age group know the unfortunate truth.  Good men our age are rarely single and if they are they either have issues with performance/endurance, are selfish, have no humor, live with their mothers, have addition issues, are workaholics with no time, and most importantly usually make less money than me.  This usually translates to a range of reactions from outright hostilility or fright to them having a vague sense of feeling uncomfortable.  If they are as financially successful, as I am, they want a trophy wife or mistress (by definition very young).

Believe me, I've been to enough of those Executive Retreats with all the VPs etc. running aroung and checked out the women.  They were a few long term wives there, but mostly it was a sea of young blondes with very large breasts.  So the question becomes, do I sit on the sidelines hoping for the perfectly appropriate man by society's standards or do I get in the game.  For me, I found that the traditional online dating sites brought out the younger men and although I didn't actually take up very many on their offers, it did open my eyes to a whole world of adoring men out there that want a chance to be with a quality woman who doesn't play games, bring drama into their lives and have so much to share with them.  There is more than one young man out there that has become a successful and polished businessman because of how I helped develop the best sides of themselves.  It isn't just about the good sex.  It's about having someone by your side that truly admires you, encourages you and brings out the best in you.  In return, they have a champion to build their self esteem, polish their image with a healthy sheen of sophistication and give sound career advice.  There are no losers, especially if you have the proper expectations.  I'm not necessarily talking about finding a husband or even a companion for the rest of your life, although there are many instances where this is what is found - take Demi Moore for example.  But instead, making a friend of your lover and sharing two different worlds and finding a new one together that melds the best from both.

I will be posting many of the detailed stories of my funny, sad, eye-opening, sometimes humiliating but always real experiences and hope I can impart some insight for both cougars and cubs out there.  For the rest of you, enjoy and live vicariously through my experiences.  You're bound to snicker and laugh and occasionally raise your head in disbelieve and call out.. "hey honey, you're not gonna believe this one!". 

I also have three young men (late 20's) that work out of my house so I get to hear the male perspective all the time and I'll share those nuggets with you when I can repeat them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it should post shortly. If I'm tied up it might be delayed ever so slightly.